I had this pineapple pretzel fluff recipe when my wife and I were dating. It’s a great party recipe or a side dish recipe! It will be a family favorite recipe!. We have been making it for family functions ever since. Pineapple Pretzel Fluff can be served as a side, or a dessert. We served it a few times at Easter when we made the spiced baked ham recipe. The sweet pineapple and ham go well together. Lately we have tried it with other fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, or a combination of the two. I personally like a mix of strawberries and blueberries. But, as always, make it your own!
The pineapple in the pineapple pretzel fluff recipe
A big part of this recipe, of course, is the pineapple! The crushed pineapple needs to be drained of as much liquid as possible. We have found that if you do not do this the Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Recipe may be runny.
You can make this dish ahead and it is a huge time saver! Our usual process is to make the pretzel crunch first. We make it and let it cool. We then break it up and place it in a tupperware container or a ziplock.The pretzel crunch is great on its own! While the pretzel crunch is cooking we make the fluff. It comes together quickly! Just mix the cream cheese and 1/2 the sugar until creamy. Then fold in the cool whip and pineapple. The fluff also goes into a tupperware container and needs to be refrigerated. It does stay fluffy in the fridge. You can take the pretzel crunch and the fluff and combine them before you serve. This Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Recipe is requested a ton at family get togethers. I hope your friends and family enjoy it! I know mine do!
Please follow, like, and subscribe, on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook! Thanks!
- 1 cup of coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1 cup of sugar divided
- 1 – 8 oz package of cream cheese room temperature
- 1 – 20 oz can of drained crushed pineapple removing as much of the liquid as possible
- 1 – 12 oz container of cool whip
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine pretzels, melted butter, and 1/2 cup of sugar in a bowl. Press mixture in a 9 x 13 pan and bake for seven minutes, or until bubbly and has spread throughout the pan. Let baked pretzel mixture cool. Once cool, crumble and place in an air tight container or zip lock bag.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining 1/2 cup of sugar until creamy. Fold in drained pineapple and cool whip. Chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, mix in pretzel mixture.