This easy and quick oven roasted potatoes recipe is a great side for large crowds or just a few people. My kids love them! They come in handy if I don’t have any french fries or tater tots. It takes about just 40 minutes from start to finish! Dip them in your favorite sauce, cover them in cheese, and make them your own! The recipe is for four to six people.
I have started the oven roasted potatoes recipe the morning of the meal I needed them for. This is a handy time saver. I just got filled gallon sized bags about 3/4 of the way full with potatoes and added the other ingredients. Then I sealed the bag and massaged the potatoes with the oil and spices. Just make sure to do it a bit gently so the bag does not open up and make a mess. The bags will store well in your refrigerator for a few hours. When you are ready to bake them, just line some baking pans and spread the oiled and spiced potatoes out on the tray and bake!
I do give them a turn to make sure they do not stick and they get browned on all sides. About half way through just loosen them up with a spatula. It does not have to be exact but give them a shuffle on the pan to ensure even cooking.
This is a great last minute recipe that I use when I am in a pinch. I hope it helps your last minute needs also!
The oven roasted potatoes recipe goes great with the spiced baked ham recipe!
- Five pounds of Yukon Gold potatoes
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Chipotle chili powder
Please follow, like, and subscribe, on Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook! Thanks!
- 5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes cut into large bite-sized chunks
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of chipotle chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon size plastic zip lock bag. Massage the bag to combine all ingredients.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper and pour potato mixture onto the baking tray and spread out to one layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until fork tender and golden brown. After 15 minutes, give the potatoes a mix to get even baking.
[…] when done cooking. The roast will be great on its own with side dishes such as Pommes Anna or Oven Roasted Potatoes Recipe. Soft tacos can also be used with the roast! Pickled Red Onions and Everything Sauce make great […]