This spanakopita dip will be on your table in no time. Just mix a few ingredients, bake them, and you are done! Serve it with your favorite crackers or breads! This makes a great appetizer recipe for a small gathering or a big party. The spinach and feta make a delicious combination.
The spinach in the spanakopita dip
Thawed or cooked spinach can be added to this dish. Frozen spinach needs to be thawed. After the spinach is thawed, the water needs to be pressed or squeezed out of it. Cooked fresh spinach also needs to have the liquid squeezed or pressed out of it. I normally use a dish towel and wrap the spinach in it. Then twist the spinach over your sink and let the excess liquid drain into the sink. Try to remove the stems on the spinach if using fresh spinach. Removing them makes the dip a bit neater to eat. Here is a video of the making of the spanakopita dip.
Combining the dip
The drained spinach needs to cool before mixing. After the spinach cools, just add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Next, grease a baking dish and pour the spanakopita mixture into it. I used a loaf pan because it seemed the best at the time. Bake the spanakopita dip at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes are up, mix the dip and put it back into until the dip starts to brown. About 10 minutes.
Serving the dip
Serve the spanakopita dip with your favorite cracker or bread. You can also try my gluten free cracker recipe! They are the crackers used in the spanakopita dip picture. You can also use the dip with chicken or pork.
Please follow, like, and subscribe, on Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook! Thanks!
- 8 ounces of cooked, thawed and squeezed dry spinach
- ½ onion diced
- 1 clove of diced or pressed garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 5 ounces of crumbled feta
- 1 teaspoon of dried dill
- Grease a loaf pan, 6 x 6 inch pan, or any other appropriately sized pan.
- In a different appropriately sized bowl, add all ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Place mixed ingredients into your greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Then mix and bake for 10 minutes or until the top is starting to brown.
- Serve with crackers or your favorite bread.
Leave a Reply