My family fell in love with these roasted parmesan brussels sprouts! You can serve these as an appetizer or as a side dish. The roasted brussels sprouts do not take long to make and they will be a hit at your next get together! We have been experimenting with gluten-free recipes and decided to try it with the brussels sprouts. We used almond flour instead of all purpose flour, and used pork rinds run through the food processor instead of bread crumbs. They can be dipped in your favorite condiment or you can use my Everything Sauce! This is definitely my favorite brussels sprouts recipe. They are a snap to make and it is a gluten-free recipe!
The ingredients for the roasted parmesan brussels sprouts
I included crumbled pork rinds in this recipe because they act as bread crumbs and you do not have to add butter because of the fat content of the pork rinds. The almond flour replaces the all purpose flour. The spices, however, are up to you. You can add cayenne or chili powder if you want a kick to the roasted brussels sprouts. Another option is to add oregano and dip them in a marinara sauce!
After setting up the three bowls, start by coating the halved brussels sprouts, one by one, into the flour mixture. The flour mixture will stick best to the cut half of the brussels sprout. It will still have a bit of moisture left after cutting it. The egg mixture should stick to the floured brussels sprout with no problem. Lastly, dip the egg coated brussels sprouts in the parmesan mixture. Place the coated brussels sprouts on a lined baking tray.
I have found it is a good idea to use one hand for dipping in the dry bowls and one for dipping in the egg bowl. This way your hands will not get an egg and parmesan coating too!
Baking the roasted parmesan brussels sprouts
Bake the brussels sprouts at 400 for about 20 minutes. The baking time will vary with ovens and how golden brown and delicious you want them. I have found that 20 minutes works out just fine. Serve them with a dipping sauce as an appetizer or as a side dish. I am sure you will love them!
- 3 bowls
- 1 pound brussels sprouts cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup ground pork rinds
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 beaten eggs
- You will need three bowls and a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In the first bowl, combine almond flour, sea salt, black pepper, garlic pepper, and paprika.
- In the second bowl will be the beaten eggs.
- In the third bowl, combine ground pork rinds and parmesan cheese.
- Dip the brussels sprouts in the flour mixture. See notes.
- Next, place the coated sprouts into the beaten egg mixture.
- Lastly, coat the sprout in the parmesan mixture and then place on the baking tray.
- Repeat for the rest of the brussels sprouts.
- Bake the sprouts for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F