This roasted beets with red plum goat cheese recipe is a favorite of the family. It makes a great addition to any meal! I used yellow beets for this recipe, however any beet will do! The recipe could not be any easier to put together and makes a great presentation. Your family and guests will be impressed! This dish can be used as an appetizer, a side dish, or a main course!
Preparing and roasting the beets
Easy and quick! Just peel the beets and toss in some olive oil with sea salt and pepper. Set your oven to 400 degrees F, and roast the beets for 15-20 minutes. Just turn them over half way through the cooking time. The time depends on how tender you would like the beets to be!
Plum goat cheese
I am a big fan of plum season! Probably because when I see plums in the grocery store fall is around the corner! I love plums and try to incorporate them in as many dishes as possible. So when I was trying to come up with something to add to the beets, plums came to mind. The plums I was using were very ripe, the flesh spooned right out. I added the flesh to the food processor with goat cheese and a little pure maple syrup and it was wonderful!
The plum goat cheese is very versatile! We have been using it with raw vegetables, on sandwiches, or as a dip with pretzels. We have fed large crowds with this recipe also. Just mix up the cheese, roast the beets, and assemble! Very quick and easy! I piped the goat cheese mix to make it go faster.
This recipe will be a great appetizer such as the olive tapenade recipe!
I hope your family loves the roasted beets with red plum goat cheese recipe as much as mine does!
Please follow, like, and subscribe, on Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook!
- 2 Yellow or any color beets peeled and sliced to 1/2 to 3/4 inch
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces of goat cheese
- 2 small and very ripe red plums
- 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
- Toss beets, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Roast beets on parchment lined baking sheet in 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or to desired tenderness.
- While roasting beets, scoop out flesh of plums and combine in a bowl with maple syrup. Mix until smooth.
- Place goat cheese in bowl with plum mixture and combine until smooth.