We were unhappy with the taste of refried beans out of the can so we made our own! The chipotle chili powder gives them a great kick at the end.
Please follow, like, and subscribe, on Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook! Thanks!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 – 15.5 oz can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 – 15.5 oz can of garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ cup of diced onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves pressed
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon of chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of butter melted optional
- Juice of ½ orange
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add chipotle chili powder, cumin, and garlic and cook until fragrant. About a minute.
- Add black beans and garbanzo beans. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- With a potato masher or a large fork, mash beans.
- Add melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Add orange juice, mix, and serve.
Serving: 6 servings | Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 535mg | Potassium: 376mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 0.3g | Vitamin A: 127IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply