This basil pistachio pesto recipe is a home run! Pistachios add incredible rich flavor to pesto. This basil pesto recipe will make a great pesto pasta recipe! I used Parmesan in this recipe but try Asiago or Romano! Make it your own!
The basil pistachio pesto goes great with fresh pasta recipe!
Basil Pistachio Pesto
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup of shelled pistachios
- 2 large cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 cup of shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 cup or more of olive oil
- Add basil, pistachios, and garlic to food processor and pulse until combined.
- Add Parmesan and pulse a few times more.
- Scrape sides of food processor bowl down.
- While the food processor is running, add olive oil to bowl in a fine stream until desired consistency is achieved.