This Curry Powder Recipe was a snap when I found the curry powder spices locally. It is an easy spice mixture that will make your curry recipe special! Cleveland has many spice shops but one great one in particular. Urban Herbs at the West Side Market has such a vast array of spices. I went down with my wife and we loaded up on spices and now I have no excuse but to give it a try.
If you have purchased whole spices and need to grind them, a coffee grinder works great!
My wife and I found that the ground chili powder was not really necessary since the rest of the spices pack a punch but the choice is up to you. This curry powder could not be easier!
I have a Chicken Curry Recipe that this Curry Powder Recipe can be used in. It is also very easy to make and it is delicious!
The ingredients are great to keep on hand for other spice blends, especially if you want to start expanding your recipe base. I have to say I did have to plan ahead with this recipe.
- Ground chilies
- Ground coriander
- Ground cumin
- Ground turmeric
- Ground ginger
- Dry mustard
- Ground cardamom
- Black pepper
- Ground cinnamon
Curry Powder Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground chilies
- 2 tablespoons of ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon of Vietnamese or regular cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.