My daughter requested wings one night so we decided to try new sauce recipes. This cilantro lime chili wing sauce was the big hit! The lime comes through as does a bit of heat from the chipotle chili powder. The cilantro does not really come through until the fresh cilantro is sprinkled on after cooked.
You can use the Memphis Barbecue Sauce with your wings too!
Please follow, like, and subscribe, on Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook!
Servings: 1 recipe
Ingredients for marinade:
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 2 limes juiced and zested
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon each of sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 pounds of chicken wings
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Combine the marinade and wings and marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- After the wings are cooked thoroughly on the grill or in the oven, combine cilantro and lime juice and pour over the wings and serve.
Serving: 1 recipe | Calories: 1144kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 91g | Fat: 79g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 17g | Monounsaturated Fat: 31g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 377mg | Sodium: 2710mg | Potassium: 1016mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1656IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!