In a little over an hour, you can have a delicious appetizer or dinner that your family will love! These queso steak sliders will have your family and guests smile! There are only a few ingredients and the ingredients can be prepared at the same time so you can spend time with your guests. The queso steak sliders are a take on Philadelphia cheese steaks.These are great for kids parties, football parties, any large get together, or just dinner with the family!
Queso for the queso steak sliders
There are many ways to acquire queso. Stores sell it, there are many recipes to make it at home, and restaurants offer it and it can be ordered to go. My family has purchased queso from Aldi’s (it is very inexpensive) and we have made our own. Both work just fine! There are many versions of queso, just use your favorite.
The steak (and maybe ground beef)
Our local grocery store sells steak sliced very thinly. We have tried other thinly sliced meats that are sold in the frozen food section, but the real thing works so much better. I found that this recipe may get pricey depending on the type of steak you use. I experimented with this recipe by adding a pound of browned ground beef to stretch it for a larger crowd. You can’t tell it’s in there and it helps when you are feeding a big crowd.
Roasting the steak in the oven is very easy. Layer the steak on a lined baking sheet and add the sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder. The roast it at 375 degrees fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes. After the steak is done, set aside until the steak is cool enough to handle. Once cooled, slice the steak in half inch strips.
Bringing the queso steak sliders together
Cook your sliced onion in a large skillet until the onion is soft. Once soft, add the queso and sliced steak to the skillet that the onion is in. Mix all three ingredients together until well combined. Cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once heated through, you are ready to serve!
- 1 Large skillet
- 2 pounds of thinly sliced steak
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of cracked black pepper`
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 pound of browned and drained ground beef optional
- 3 cups of queso of your choice
- 1 large thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 24 slider buns
- Lay out sliced steak on a lined baking tray and cook for 15-20 minutes at 375. When cool enough to handle, slice into ½ inch strips.
- Place butter, ½ teaspoon of sea salt, and sliced onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until the onion is soft and caramelized. About 20 minutes.
- When onions are done, place sliced steak and queso into the same large skillet with the onions. Cook until the dish is heated through stirring occasionally.
- If you feel you are running short or need an inexpensive way to stretch the dish, just add the optional browned ground beef.
- Serve with slider buns or with regular buns, hoagies, etc.