We love this quick roasted bell peppers and feta recipe! It is so versatile! This recipe can be used as a salad or a main course! It’s a quick and easy recipe! The roasted tomatoes and peppers get a touch sweeter after roasting, and then is set off by the basil dressing! I am sure you will be able to make this recipe your own by adding shrimp, chicken, pork, or other vegetables!
Preparing the vegetables for the roasted bell peppers and feta
The peppers take no time to prepare. Wash and cut the bell peppers in thirds longways. Try to use long bell peppers if possible. Rest the cherry tomatoes in the middle of the peppers and sprinkle the garlic the same way. Drizzle the olive oil over the peppers and tomatoes as evenly as possible. Lastly, sprinkle in the sea salt and pepper. I used a large roasting pan to roast the peppers, garlic, and cherry tomatoes in. It is the pan that my turkey roaster sets in. Next, the basil dressing!
The basil dressing
Just add the basil, oil, sea salt, and pepper to a food processor or blender and combine until smooth. This will add a lovely dressing to the roasted vegetables. Pour the dressing over the veggies after their first run in the oven. Roast for another 7-10 minutes and this will give the basil time to get to know the rest of the flavors.
Additions to dish
The first time I made this recipe I had some shrimp in the freezer. I cleaned them and was trying to figure out how to add them to the dish. When the dish is done baking in the oven, I placed the clean shrimp on top of the roasted veggies and cover the pan with foil. The residual heat cooked the shrimp in a few minutes!
A great recipe to make with the roasted bell peppers and feta is the Easy Buns Recipe!
Please visit my sides and salads page for more ideas!
- 1 Large roasting pan
- 6 large yellow red, or orange bell peppers
- 12-16 cherry tomatoes
- ½-¾ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 6-8 cloves garlic chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1 cup crumbled feta
Shrimp, chicken, or pork (optional)
- Deseed and slice bell peppers in half longways.
- Cover the bottom of a large roasting pan with the bell peppers. Skin side down.
- Sprinkle cherry tomatoes, garlic, black pepper and sea salt over the peppers. Then drizzle the olive oil over everything.
- Roast for 15 minutes at 375 degrees F
- While the peppers are roasting, add dressing ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- After the 15 minutes of roasting are up, pour the dressing over and roast for another 7-10 minutes.
- When the peppers are finished roasting, sprinkle with the feta and serve.