this easy street corn dip recipe, or Mexican street corn dip, will be the hit of your next party! It is an easy and quick dip recipe that comes together in a flash. The combination of the tajin, garlic, and other seasonings with the corn, cotija, and cheddar cheeses is just delicious! The street corn dip can be served with tortilla chips or vegetables! It can be used with many cheeses and can be as spicy as you would like it to be. The variations are up to you! This dip will be your next go-to party food recipe!
The street corn dip cream cheese mixture
The first step is to combine room temperature cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, zest of one lime, chipotle chili powder, cumin, and tajin seasoning in an appropriately sized bowl and set aside. Tajin seasoning is a mix of dried chilies and dehydrated lime juice. Tajin seasoning is found in most grocery stores. The cream cheese mixture should be as smooth as possible.
Heating the corn mixture
Next, heat the butter and garlic. Cook over medium heat until the butter is melted and the garlic is fragrant. You should start smelling the garlic without burning it. Add the corn when the garlic is fragrant. Whether you are making the street corn dip with fresh corn kernels or drained canned corn kernels, you will love the results. Canned corn needs to be corn packed in water, not creamed corn. Cook the corn in the butter and garlic over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
Putting it all together
Add the cream cheese mixture once the corn is cooked. Mix the cream cheese mixture with the corn mixture until well combined and warmed through. Once combined and warmed, add the grated cheddar cheese and crumbled cotija or queso fresco cheese. Mix until the cheese are melted, about 3-4 minutes. Once the whole mixture is warmed, then it is ready to serve. I usually serve the street corn dip with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Please visit my appetizer page for more ideas!
- 8 ounces of room temperature cream cheese
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Zest of one lime
- ½ teaspoon of chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of tajin seasoning
- 2 cups of drained canned corn or fresh corn off the cob
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija or queso fresco cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, zest of one lime, chipotle chili powder, cumin, and tajin seasoning and set aside.
- Heat butter and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat until butter is melted and the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add corn to butter mixture and combine. Stir and heat the mixture for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add cream cheese mixture, cotija cheese, and cheddar cheese to corn mixture. Heat until the cheeses until the cheeses are warm and melted. About 3-4 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Serve with tortilla chips, vegetables or whatever you like!