My guests can’t get enough of this mini blt appetizer recipe, and I am sure this appetizer will be the hit of your next gathering! It is the perfect party food! A bite sized appetizer that packs a ton of flavor and looks great on a plate! It is perfect for your next baby shower, wedding shower, football party, or any summer or fall gathering! I used spicy bacon from my local deli. Then I got a brioche loaf and the rest of the ingredients from Aldi’s! Not only does this recipe taste great it creates such a nice look for your serving area.
The bacon for the blt appetizer recipe
I use thick sliced bacon for this recipe because the thick bacon tends to cook without curling. The recipe works best if you have a piece of bacon that is flat. This enables the blt appetizer to be stacked more neatly. Once you have cooked the bacon and let it cool, then slice it into 5 pieces that are around 2 inches by 2 inches. Aet the bacon aside until you are ready to assemble your blt’s.
The brioche loaf
The brioche loaf can be purchased at Aldi’s or anywhere else you shop. The bread does not have to be brioche but it adds an extra level of flavor to the recipe. Whatever sliced bread you use, just cut the crusts off and quarter the crustless piece of bread. Next, brush on the melted butter onto the quartered pieces and bake until golden brown. Let the bread cool until you are ready to assemble.
The rest of the ingredients
Combining the garlic powder and mayonnaise takes no time. This garlic mayonnaise is not only great in this recipe, it is great on all sandwiches! The slicing of the tomatoes and lettuce is a snap too.
Assembling the BLT appetizer
Just spread a 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of garlic mayonnaise on the toasted piece of brioche. Next, add a piece of bacon, lettuce, then top with a sliced tomato! If you need guidance, refer to the video at the top of this post. Assembling the blt appetizers is made easier by using a ketchup squeeze bottle from your local dollar store, especially if you are making a large quantity. Placing a dot of garlic mayo between layers will help keep the tomato and lettuce from falling off.
Please visit my appetizer page for more ideas!
- 1 baking sheet
- 10 grape tomatoes
- 2 whole leaves of romaine lettuce
- 4 slices of thick sliced bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 5 slices of brioche loaf
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- Slice tomatoes longways and store in the fridge until you are ready to assemble.
- Cook bacon. Try to keep as flat as possible.
- After bacon is cooked and cooled, slice into 1 ½ to 2 inch pieces.
- Combine garlic powder and mayonnaise. Next, cut the romaine into 2 inch by 2 inch pieces. Set both in the fridge until you are ready to assemble.
- Cut the crusts off of the slices of brioche loaf. Slice the pieces into quarters. Refer to the video if needed.
- Brush the quartered pieces with the melted butter and bake for 5-6 minutes at 375 degrees F or until golden brown. After baking, set aside to cool.
- To assemble, spread about a ½ teaspoon to a teaspoon of garlic mayonnaise on a piece of toasted brioche. Next place a piece of bacon, lettuce and tomato then repeat until done.