This is a delicious, easy, super chocolaty, gluten-free, almond flour brownies recipe! This brownie recipe takes no time at all and your family and guests will love them! The recipe just takes a few steps! There is cocoa powder and chocolate chips in the brownies, and chocolate chips on top. They are super chocolaty! These gluten free brownies are soft and chewy also! I am sure they will be hit with your family! This recipe is inspired from a recipe from Costco.
Mixing the wet ingredients for the almond flour brownies
I have found that milk, butter, and eggs all blend better at room temperature. The proteins are more relaxed and will combine easier with the other ingredients. The same is true for this recipe. A stand mixer or a hand mixer will work fine for this recipe.So, cream the sugar with the eggs until they are light and fluffy. Next, add the egg, almond milk, and vanilla and mix until combined.
The dry ingredients
Whisk the almond flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder in a separate bowl. Then add half at a time to the wet ingredients, mixing the mixture well after adding each portion of the flour mixture. Do not overmix the batter. Next, fold in chocolate chips and, if you like, slivered almonds. The batter is ready for baking!
Baking the brownies
Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish with butter or cooking spray. Pour the batter into the 8 x 8 baking dish and spread it out evenly using a spatula. Once it is spread out, place chocolate chips or slivered almonds over the top of the brownies for texture as well as taste. Bake 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Try my other gluten free recipes like my gluten free bread or my almond flour berry bake
Please try some of my other dessert recipes!
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 room temperature egg
- ¼ cup of room temperature almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup or more of dark chocolate chips or chocolate chunks divided
- ¼ cup of slivered or chopped almonds. See notes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Combine almond flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder in an appropriate bowl and whisk together.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and cream together using a stand mixer or a hand mixer.
- After creaming the butter and sugar, add egg, milk and vanilla and blend until well combined.
- Next add flour mixture ½ at a time. Mix well before adding the second ½. Don’t overmix.
- Next fold in ½ of the chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
- Pour the brownie batter in the 8×8 baking dish and smooth out the top.
- Dot the top of the brownies with the remaining chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean