This is our new go to crust! It’s so simple! The almond flour pie crust recipe can be used for both savory or sweet pies. Just add the sugar for a sweet pie crust! I made this pie crust with a fridge cleanout quiche. When veggies are about to turn, I try to add them to a tray bake, quiche, or some other recipe. Usually these make the best dinners!
So back to the crust! There are only a few ingredients in a mixer and you are all set. It is very important to have some aluminum foil or a pie crust protector on hand. The edges of the pie crust can get a touch overdone when baked. Wholesale clubs have great prices on almond flour.
Mixing almond flour pie crust ingredients
There are just three or four ingredients to this pie crust. The fourth depends on if you would like a sweet crust vs a savory. Almond flour, melted butter, one egg, and sugar if needed. The sugar should be added for fruit pies or tarts, custard pies, etc. The sugar should not be added for quiches or frittatas. Combine all the ingredients by hand, using a hand mixer, or a stand mixer.
Once the ingredients are combined they should begin to come away from the side of the bowl. Meaning that it will not continue to stick to the side of the mixing bowl. The pie crust is ready to be formed!
Forming and baking the pie crust
When making this crust I normally do not grease the pie tin before baking. I do use a smooth bottomed glass to press the dough into the pie tin. Using a glass, for me, allows there to be minimum finger indentations in the dough, and allows for the crust to be pressed evenly into the pie tin. Use a fork to make holes in the bottom of the crust before baking. Bake the crust for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees F if you need a blind bake and 23-25 minutes for a complete crust bake. Make sure to keep an eye on the crust edges and use foil or a crust shield to keep the edges from burning. Enjoy!
- 1 pie tin
- 2 ½ cups of almond flour
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup of sugar if making a sweet crust. Omit if using for a savory crust.
- Using a stand mixer, hand mixer, or a spoon, combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Press the mixture into a pie crust. Use the bottom of a drinking glass to smooth and even out the crust. Poke holes with a fork to let steam out.
- Use foil or a pie crust protector if the edges get too brown when cooking.
- If blind baking, bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
- For a complete bake, bake for 23-25 minutes.
- Nutrition information is for a savory crust.